A model of the site was made on a scale of 1/80th by Daniel Duval, under the scientific direction of Jacques Le Maho, showing a reconstruction of the estate circa 1659.
The very beautiful model located in the chamberlains’ chapel depicts Saint-Georges abbey as it was in the 17th century, before its transformation by the Maurist monks.
It shows the wide range of different buildings needed for the running of an abbey, refectories, dormitories, kitchens, cellars, accommodation for visitors passing through, but also a prison for those sentenced by the abbot and an infirmary which was open to the inhabitants of the village.
The way the abbey operated revolved around the cloister, a key point through which everything passed. An abbey was almost self-sufficient: so it also needed forges, cartwrights' workshops for repairing carts and small boats on the Seine, barns to store the harvests, etc.