Sculpture exhibition in the monastery building
The arrival of the Maurist monks in 1659, after the disasters of the Wars of Religion, helped to get the abbey back on a firmer spiritual, architectural and economic footing. They erected a large building one wing of which fitted tightly around the chapter house (which was otherwise left as it was). The symmetrical wing was used solely for the library - the monks were extremely learned.
All that remains is the central part of this restored building. Once again we can see the splendour of its complex vaults which play on the colour of the stones. This building, erected in the classical style from 1690 to 1694, gave onto gardens upon which work began in 1680.